Floral styling with frog cubes...

George's is my absolute favorite restaurant on 30-A. When we were in Alys last year I was smitten with the cute frog cubes they display on their tables. Just one cube with a few fresh sprigs of mint transforms this table from drab to fab. It adds an edgy yet sweet splash of green without taking up too much table space or obscuring diners' views. As luck would have it, they are for sale in the restaurant's gift shop. Of course, I bought one. 


{George's, Alys Beach}

When I got home, I noticed the "chive" imprint on the bottom of the vase. I found them at chive.com and placed an order immediately. Not surprisingly, chive is a Canadian company. It's no secret that I think Canadian wares and clothing are high quality and very tasteful. I was so excited when my box arrived. When I opened it…  

{notecard enclosed}

Love at first sight. I adore green and white parrot tulips. They are one of my faves.

Chive sells cubes in 2 sizes (small and large) in a rainbow of colors. I prefer white for its versatility. I also favor white flowers, which for the most part come from my garden. Let's take a look at some of the ways I use them.

I always have one in my powder room…

{gerber a daisy, white carpet rose, phlox "David" and limelight hydrangea} 

A little pieris greenery (from my yard) frames these white flowers nicely. The tiny buds add texture. 

Cubes look good alone…

{seafoam cube}

{i can't think of a better way to showcase a hellebore bloom}

Grouped into larger squares...


Down the middle…

 {just flowers}

 {pumpkins, fresh herbs & votives on craft paper and burlap ribbon}

On a tray...

{evergreen clematis is in full bloom -- cut some and bring them inside -- delicate and fragrant!}

And, on my office (aka the laundry room) window sill…


As you can see, the possibilities are endless. And budget friendly -- less than $8 a cube. Pick something from your garden and stick it in. Cubes make excellent hostess gifts. Speaking of gifts, I got one from chive with my order. 

I'll be back soon to show you more fun ways to use frog dishes and cubes.

Happy Spring!

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips