Happy New Year!


Much to my delight we stumbled upon Happy New Year, Charlie Brown on ABC last week. Of course I was excited because I'd never seen it, and our family likes to watch the Peanuts gang on most major holidays. The special first aired in 1986, which explains why I'd never seen it. I was too busy partying during my formative college years.

You've just gotta love Charlie Brown. My favorite lines from the show:

Peppermint Patty: Have you made any New Year's resolutions, Chuck?
Charlie Brown: Yes. You know how I always dread the whole year? Well, this time I'm only going to dread one day at a time.
Peppermint Patty: It's been a great year, Chuck. You'll have to admit that. What do you think, Chuck, would be good rules for living in the new year?
Charlie Brown: Keep the ball low, don't leave your crayons in the sun, use dental floss every day, don't spill the shoe polish, always knock before entering, don't let the ants get in the sugar, never volunteer to be a program chairman, always get your first serve in, and feed your dog whenever he's hungry.
Peppermint Patty: Will those rules give me a better life, Chuck?
Charlie Brown: The better life, and a fat dog.

It has been a great year. What are your rules for living a better life in the new year? 


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips