Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful that we're staying put this Thanksgiving. I will be cooking the bird. I love to cook, but I've never cooked a turkey. I'm not really psyched about removing the gunk from inside the cavity. Maybe my kids will do it if I double dare them to. Wish me luck.

The main meal will be served at my house and we will progress over to my sister's for dessert. She and her family live on our street. Seriously, how lucky is that.

One of our family traditions is to watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. By the way, it airs tonight and tomorrow night on ABC at 8:00. We watch Charlie Brown most holidays. It adds some lighthearted humor to ease the discomfort of any looming or lingering family drama. The coast is clear for us this year. And, I am very thankful for that. If you anticipate drama at your house, here are 10 tips to survive holiday family gatherings.

Moving on. My Thanksgiving take away from the Peanuts gang:
Peppermint Patty: What kind of Thanksgiving dinner is this? Where's the turkey, Chuck? Don't you know anything about Thanksgiving dinners? Where's the mashed potatoes? Where's the cranberry sauce? Where's the pumpkin? 
 Marcie: Don't feel bad, Chuck. Peppermint Patty didn't mean all those things she said. Actually, she really likes you.
Charlie Brown: I don't feel bad for myself, I just feel bad because I've ruined everyone's Thanksgiving. 
Marcie: Thanksgiving is more than eating, Chuck. You heard what Linus was saying out there. Those early Pilgrims were thankful for what had happened to them, and we should be thankful, too. We should just be thankful for being together. I think that's what they mean by 'Thanksgiving,' Charlie Brown.
Hoping that I don't ruin everyone's Thanksgiving. That said, this is for all of you fellow cooks out there: 
May your stuffing be tasty, May your turkey be plump, May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump. May your yams be delicious and your pies take the prize, and may your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs!
--Unknown
Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips