All I want for Christmas is The Hangover car



Let’s face it being hung over sucks. So far I’ve managed to make it through the holiday season without tying one on. But, I’m worried about New Year’s Eve. We are going to our friends annual rockn' NYE bash. The host -- Mr. M -- is notorious for saying “you’re not leaving, just one more.” In fact he is so persuasive that he apparently convinced a group of guests a few years ago to have a lot more, including shots. The outcome was not pretty. When was the last time you did the worm at 3 am?

Check out the hangover remedy guide in the December issue of Real Simple. Here are 10 ways to avoid and recover from a hangover:
  1. Pop two Hangover Prevention Formula capsules before your first drink. They are made with prickly pear extract, which is known to reduce hangover symptoms. Who knew?
  2. Load up on high fiber foods, especially veggies, which are very beneficial in slowing absorption of alcohol in the blood stream.
  3. Put asparagus on the party menu. The extract from these spears breaks down alcohol absorption. Again, who knew?
  4. When drinking from a Solo cup use its lines to guide your pours. 
  5. Pass on the bubbly and drinks with fizzy mixers as carbonation can speed up alcohol intake. Bummer. Prosecco is my fave.
  6. Choose light colored wine and liquor.
  7. Drink a glass of water in between cocktails.
  8. Take ibuprofen before you go to bed and when you get up in the am.
  9. Eat a light breakfast the morning after like toast or bagels. Skip greasy foods, which can aggravate an upset stomach.
  10. Get off the couch and get moving the morning after. Skip training for your next marathon. Contrary to popular belief, you can’t sweat out alcohol.
Don't forget your mantra: Just say “no” to “just one more.”

This book would make a nice stocking stuffer for the boozers in your life.


Ever wonder where the phrase “hair of the dog” originated? From the Urban Dictionary:
The phrase comes from the expression "hair of the dog that bit you," meaning that the best cure for what ails you is to have some more of it. In ancient times it was literally used to say that if a dog were to bite you, putting the dog's hair into the wound would heal it.
Our friend R.M. was peer pressured into wearing some unsavory temporary tats at our annual holiday supper club dinner last year. Gosh our friends are so weak. I’m getting him this temporary tat for Christmas.

And, speaking of Christmas, I was cruising the Web looking for good photos from The Hangover for this post. Look what I found -- my dream car! I’d like to have this parked in my driveway tied up in a giant red ribbon Christmas morning. That’s all I want for Christmas. I'm not asking for too much, am I?


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure that Mr. Mophead is all over that gift! Thanks for the tips. I have a party tomorrow night and may need the help on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is a great public service. Also I want that Snow White as my avatar

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips