Golden Globes flops

My loyal reader Elizabeth suggested I open up a discussion about the worst dressed stars at the Golden Globes. Don't get me wrong about Jennifer Lawrence. I loved her dress from floor to waist. Something went awry up top. Too bad.

This roundup was hard as there were more duds than classy, elegant styles on the carpet. Here are my top 5 picks for worst dressed:


Helena Bonham Carter is always a mess. Why would things be any different this year? That lips clutch is ridiculous.


I love Jessica Chastain and thought her award for Best Actress for her role in Zero Dark Thirty was well deserved. Unfortunately, her stylist did her wrong. If looks could kill -- the lady's expression behind her says it all.

via
I love Lena Dunham too. And, she so deserved her awards for Girls. Her pixie cut was cute, but her plum dress was hideous. Lena, hire a new stylist before next year. She is destined to be on the red carpet for years to come.

via
Hally Barry is so pretty and has such a hot bod. What was up with her dress?


The bottom of the barrel: Lucy Lui. WTF? I don't know what else to say.

Interesting that my fave Anne Hathaway was not on most of the best dressed lists. Critics thought she played it too safe. Less is always more in my opinion, especially when you have such a pretty face.

Who were your best and worst picks?  Post in comments below.

3 comments:

  1. Loyal reader holla!

    Ok the best thing about this time of year is that there are SO MANY awards and dressed up celebs. Yay! Football what?

    I *strongly disagree* with your Lucy Liu pick. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Lucy Liu dress! It's so fresh and feminine!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips