Odds and ends

Who watched the Golden Globes Sunday? It was a hard choice, but I watched Downton Abbey instead. Poor Lady Edith. Is she destined to be a spinster? Who was the prettier bride? Same head piece and veil, I hate to admit that Edith looked a smidge better. What do you think?

via

Speaking of frocks, I scoured the Web for Golden Globes news and photos. Anne Hathaway got my vote for best dressed. She looked stunning in her glittering white Chanel gown and adorable pixie cut. Head to toe perfection.

anne hathaway golden globes
via
anne hathaway golden globes
via

The new "it girl" Jennifer Lawrence was considered best dressed by many in red-hot Dior, but I wasn't crazy about the top. Did anyone else think the bra seams were too pointy -- like they were yearning for a few tassels at the tips?

via

Jennifer was brilliant in Silver Linings Playbook. Plus Bradley Cooper is a hotty. A must see. According to Vanity Fair, she's the world's "most desirable woman."



Moving on to a totally different topic. The Cookie Studio in Decatur is offering free cookie decorating weekday afternoons in January from 3-5:00 pm -- an excellent after-school outing for you and your little darlings. Their cookies are delish and a percentage of sales proceeds go to the Atlanta Day Shelter for Women.
Supplies:

My son's masterpiece:

Finally, tomorrow is the last day to enter my Very Classy book giveaway. Comments from readers outside Atlanta are welcome. I will ship anywhere in the states. I promise it's a good read.

Will the sun finally come out tomorrow? I was seriously tempted to buy a SAD lamp.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that Edith's dress was prettier than Mary's. At least she's got that going for her. Also agree about JLaw's dress. Did not like the top which looked like origami or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Edith look more radiant on her almost-wedding-day, glowing with happiness. Oh well!
    --Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire Danes was my fave. J to the Lo was my least fave. I feel like the backup dancer boyfriend is to blame here

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips