Stitch Fix: the final chapter

Last week, I received my August fix. My July fix came while I was out of town. I had to hastily try on items and return them ASAP before getting stuck with the fix. It was probably my best fix, but I returned everything anyway.

Let's take a look at the latest…

1) Market & Spruce "Twain" twisted neckline slub knit shirt ($48).
A flattering neckline on me. The fabric is thin, which would warrant a cami underneath for most people unless you want to layer it under something. The fabric is a cotton/poly blend. Hand wash = high maintenance. It's a bit boxy too --something I specifically advised against. More than once might I add. Returned.

{notice high/low hem and seam down the middle}

2) Olive & Oak "Mulliken" raglan striped knit shirt ($48).
Where to start? I'll start with the positive. The fabric is super soft and comfy. Nice price point. It is, however, striped. Notice that the collar and sleeve stripes are gray -- not my best color. If you're into stripes, you can find this top in aqua/poppy for the same price at Bloomingdales. The fabric is really yummy! I might buy it just to lounge around in at the beach.

{high/low hem}

3) Splendid "Gerald" striped boat neck tee ($88).
Stripes. 50/50% cotton/poly blend. Yuck. I would never pay $88 for a T-shirt, especially one that is not 100% cotton. Enough said. Returned.


P.S. I saw a cute (100% cotton) Splendid vintage coastal tee at Bloomingdales.

4) Collective Concepts "Gina" geo print dress ($78).
This dress is really cute. I was pretty excited about it until I tried it on. The fabric is a cotton/poly blend -- not super comfy. Although it hit me a few inches above the knee -- something I specifically asked for in my profile -- it made me look really thick around the middle. Not flattering. This dress might work for someone petite, flat-chested, skinny and younger. Not for me. Returned.


5) Kut From The Kloth "Katherine" high rise boot cut jeans ($68).
You can buy a very similar, if not the same jeans by the name "Natalie" at Nordstrom for $89. I actually own a few pairs of Kut jeans that I bought there. They are stylish, comfy and have a bit of stretch. These jeans fit me well except they are too long. And, I don't care for the button-flap back on the front and back pockets. If I wanted another pair of Kuts, I'd buy them at Nordstrom where I can get free alterations. Returned.

{tiny button-top flap on the right pocket}

{back pockets. notice the "natalie" tag}

To say I'm disappointed with Stitch Fix is an understatement. Here's what gets to me most. A note from my stylist Kaley:

"I took a peak at your fabulous blog (she got that part right) and Fix feedback."

Note to Kaley: If you had actually read my blog posts on my first and second fixes and my fix feedback, you would know by now that I don't care for horizontal stripes and that gray totally washes me out. And, fyi, I like to wear natural fibers.

It is time to nix Stitch Fix. So long. Farewell.

I'll have to continue to count on Birchbox for my monthly mailbox bliss.

In other fashion news…

Are you wondering if you have to put your white jeans away after Labor Day? I'm personally in the camp that says no to white denim, sandals and bags after the end-of-summer holiday -- unless you're going to a resort. Belle from Capitol Hill Style shows how to rock your white jeans year round. I highly recommend checking out Belle's blog. Her entertaining mission statement (especially for you Washingtonians):

People say that Washington, D.C. is like Hollywood, but for ugly people. But these detractors have never tried to maintain their appearance while living in a city built on a swamp, where the workdays start at dawn, the salaries are minuscule and the cobblestones eat stilettos for breakfast.
Anyone can be beautiful in Southern California. In the nation’s capital, looking your best is practically a full-time job.
Capitol Hill Style seeks to inspire the women who work on Capitol Hill (or in any professional environment) to strive for excellence in their career and their closet.  No matter the pay grade or the weather, we must not surrender our sense of style.  Fight for your right to be successful and fabulous.
Will you be sporting white denim after Labor Day?

1 comment:

  1. Try as I might to wear white after Labor Day, I just can't do it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips