Stitch Fix: take 2

Having been disappointed with my first Stitch Fix, I had high hopes for no. 2. My hopes were dashed as soon as I opened the box. As luck would have it, I received my fix the day I was hosting book club, so I got some good feedback.

Before I show you what I received, let's go over some specifications from my style profile and feedback from my last fix:

-- no v-necks
-- steer clear of the color gray -- probably the worst color possible for me
-- no skinny jeans

Now let's take a look at what my stylist -- Jemma -- pulled together for me…

1) Margaret Elizabeth Esme Teardrop blue stone bezel necklace -- $98. This is the same necklace with the "druzy" stone. Cute, but no thanks for $98. Margaret Elizabeth has some teardrop bangles I like better.


2) Mavi "Freida" Skinny Jean -- $118. You can find the same jeans under the name "Alexa" in a lighter wash at Nordstrom.


I was really annoyed about the skinnies given I asked them not to send any. My book club friends insisted, so I tried them. The jeans fit nicely -- except for the length -- and were super comfy. They were a tad long and gathered at the knees. Not becoming. That said, if it were boot-wearing season, I would have considered keeping them to wear with knee-high boots. Given the amount of stretch, these are not jeans, they are jeggings in my opinion. Like leggings, jeggings are not pants. They are meant to be worn covered to at least below the hip.

While we're on the subject, what are your thoughts on wearing skinnies over age 40? My thoughts: if you rock them, wear them. If not, don't. If you're unsure, follow Stacy London's advice

3) Pomelo Indianan Abstract Chevron print mixed material tee -- $44.

This top is so hideous that I didn't even try it on. The look of disgust on Elizabeth F's face reinforced my opinion. Not only is it ugly, the sleeve length does not suit me, and gray is a no-no color for me. Hate it.

front…

{my style profile calls for fitted, not tight tops. and, not boxy}

back…


4) Tart Collections "Deena" abstract print belted wrap dress -- $68.

In her letter, Jemma said "she tried to avoid horizontal stripes, v-necks and sleeveless, but I think you'll love the "Deena" dress." Jemma, this makes me sad. Hate it.


My friend Debby who loves wrap dresses and looks great in v-necks tried on "Deena." She said it was way too short for her. Skip it if you don't love your legs. I do like the color (navy), pattern and fabric.

5) Tart Collections "Daryn" floral print jersey top.

This top, also by Tart, is pretty cute. I like the pattern and the fabric is super soft, And, pink is my favorite color. I could pull off the sleeve, but not the scooped back. Although it isn't deep (hard to see in photos), it is low enough that most bra straps show. It has a shelf bra inside that might be enough support for an A-cup. Otherwise pointless.

Front…


back…


I like the fabric and prints of the Tart pieces, so I did some research on the brand. I found a dress in the same pattern as "Daryn," a cute coral striped maxi skirt and a tank geo maxi dress on amazon.com. You can check them out on my Pinterest board.

Anyone else gotten a recent fix -- good or bad?

5 comments:

  1. I got my first Fix and didn't like any of it. I sent it all back and took my name off the list. Pretty disappointed because I had heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jemma, this makes me sad." Lol forever.

    - Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. 3. Not good. I think I might follow Denise & take my name off the list! Skinny jeans: I agree with you. If you can, do. If not, no. If in doubt, don't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right. That first top is ugly!!! Whoa. I think my jeans are a different ne. Will have to check. After swing what u got I feel lucky. Although I said I hated purple and the top I kept had purple in it!!! Not sure I will do again either:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think having the right stylist who pays attention to your feedback and also your Pinterest board is key. I've kept 2-3 pieces each fix. Hope next month is better!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips