South of market...

Last week I headed over to Peachtree Hills to check out South of Market owned by interior designer Kay Douglas. The industrial chic shop is filled to the rafters with antiques from France and Belgium, repurposed objects, upholstery and a huge selection of unique lighting fixtures. Since my last visit, the shop has added some kitchen wares to its inventory.

Let's take a look.

 {welcome to SOM}

I like the way the black and white kitchen and dining wares and accessories are displayed on the white subway tile wall. So neat and orderly. 

 {ceramics, cook books and straw shopper baskets --  i spy Gwyneth's book}

{and more, including candles and reindeer heads -- at least I think that's what they are up top}

Ming vases and pots...


Moving into the main part of the store, you'll find furniture, lighting and accessories. Although I love the design and style of the pieces, the scale is just way too big for my 1920s bungalow.

Rustic antiques…


Contemporary upholstered pieces. Here you can see one of her industrial repurposed pendants.


Enormous drum shade fixtures...


As well as iron chandeliers.


In the midst of all the dark browns and neutrals, I was delighted to see some very colorful vignettes.

Like this one with bright pinks and purples with Moroccan influences juxtaposed by the industrial globe lights.


And this background wall of vibrant wool throws.


Suffice it to say that I will not be purchasing any furniture or lighting from SOM for my home in Decatur. Perhaps for my beach house when we buy one. Still dreaming. I'll be back soon to show you how Kay designed a Rosemary beach house with her signature style. I was lucky enough to have stayed there.

South of Market is well worth a visit, especially if you have soaring ceilings and plenty of square footage.

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips