Fall into fashion: 5 trends this season...


Finally getting cold and blustery here in Atlanta. Guess it's time to get your fall wardrobe in order. These sources will help give you a jump start.

1) I don't do heels, so I was happy to see Matchstick Magazine's (my fave. e-mag) 10 best flats for the season. Calf hair in dots and leopard prints abound. Lands' End has a cute pair of calf hair flats at a moderate price point.

2) Fall Crush: the bootie. What do you think -- love or loathe them? Seeing them everywhere, including my go to: Boden. Not something I could get away with. Rachel from Pink Peonies is currently craving these six styles. She can pull off just about anything. I, on the other hand, can't. But I could see myself in these. Oh and here's Rachel's fall boot guide.
{Riis Bootie by Billy Reid $495}

3) Riding boots are always in vogue. LDV's top 10 ten. Paloma has excellent taste. I love that she includes a pic of my girl crush Gwyneth. I'm craving the Charlotte Olympia boots, but at $1,395 I'll have to settle for the Mercer boot by Jack Rogers in black -- a bargain at $298.


4) If you're jonesing for some plaid this season like City Sage's Ann Sage, check out her fall style essential -- buffalo plaidInStyle featured tartan plaid as a 2013 fall fashion trend. Rock it in a provocative way. So as not to seem too prim, InStyle suggests giving plaid some "bite" with crazy hair and dark lipstick and eyeliner.

Naughty...

{via InStyle}
Or nice...
{Rach Pink Peonies}

Which way will you be wearing plaid this season?

5) Ann Sage also includes the wide-brimmed hat as a fall style essential. Made By Girl Jen is into hats too. Annie Hall anyone?

5) Quilted minis are in, as well as bags, foot ware and accessories. Adri of Adri's World loves this trend. I'm digging it too. So Chanel.

It goes without saying that scarves are a must have accessory this season, especially if you're feeling bad about your neck. Ann Taylor offers a chic collection. And, speaking of scarves, it  wouldn't hurt to take a scarf wearing refresher course:



Photo image: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips