2015 Golden Globes Best Dressed...

I'm sorry to report that I have only seen three movies this year, which is very unusual for me. Good thing I have plenty of time to catch up before the Oscars.

George Clooney got it right when he said during his Cecil B. DeMille acceptance speech  --- 20% of actors here tonight are winners. The other 80% are obviously losers. That ratio applied to fashion as well IMO. After watching the entire awards ceremony, I struggled with my picks for best dressed. Nothing wowed me. Did anyone else notice that the lighting was terrible? That, or most of the women used self tanners with liberal abandon. Many of their complexions looked orange with a very dewy (aka sweaty) glow. Maybe the HVAC was out of whack too.

With less is more in mind, here are my picks by color.

Let's start with yellow -- a hard color to pull off. Naomi Watts looked lovely in her yellow Gucci gown. Loved the clutch. Didn't love the snake statement necklace.

{via eonline}

Leslie Mann pulled it off better in her simple, strapless sheath accented with emerald green accessories. Way to go Leslie.

Of the many pretty red gowns worn, Girls Allison William's was my fave.


Not as daring, black is always a safe bet for most women. Amal Clooney's Dior gown with white gloves and clutch was a winner. She looked stunning.

{via stylenews}

Once again, metallics, especially silver, littered the red carpet. I'm open to other's opinions here, but I liked Reese Witherspoon's simple, but elegant gown with minimalist accessories. Did anyone notice Cheryl Strayed sitting next to her? I didn't catch what she was wearing.

{via US Magazine}

Camila Alves looked pretty in her simple pink satin gown.

{via eonline}

I didn't care for any of the white gowns worn, especially this…

{via eonline}

Even worse, this…

{via dailymail}

That's all I've got. What do you all have?


  1. I agree Amal Clooney is stunning but I'm not so sure about the white gloves & clutch. Hopefully, her shoes weren't white.

  2. YES on the overly bronzed....so many people looked like had just been to get a spray tan. Even some of the guys!

  3. I agree with many of your comments. I have to say that I thought Lupita looked gorge and I loved her glasses. As for the whites I thought Emily Blunt was simple, pretty. Kate Hudson - ew! What was up w/her eyebrows? Sienna Miller looked very pretty but at first I did not recognize her. Did she have plastic surgery? I'm not a fan of George Clooney's wife. She looks dull despite her many accomplishments but he was certainly smitten.....


Blogging tips