Pass the butter please...

{Banner Butter}

Want to add a punch of flavor to the everyday meals you prepare? Compound butters are the way to go. Decatur foodies Elizabeth and Drew McBath started Banner Butter to let you do just that. With two children and two demanding jobs, they weren’t enjoying cooking and food the way they used to because they were too busy. Can you relate?

The McBaths hired Aria executive pastry chef Kat King, to help them develop their recipes. So far, Banner’s repertoire includes four savory and two sweet varieties. A sea salt compound is in the works.

Banner Butter is made with all-natural ingredients – locally sourced whenever possible. The cream comes from hormone-free, grass-fed cows. It has high levels of omega-3 fats and dramatically higher levels of vitamins A, D and E than confinement-fed butter. So not only is it tasty, it's good for you too!

The McBaths were kind enough to supply me with samples for a recent event I hosted. I served the savory butters with bread and the cinnamon cardamom ginger butter with mini waffles. Sweet compounds generally go well with breakfast breads. The roasted garlic, basil and parsley and balsamic, fig and caramelized onion were most popular among my guests.


 {"Love is like butter, it goes good with bread." Swiped from the General Muir.}

Download recipes and pairing suggestions for each butter. Most add amazing flavor to meat, fish and veggies. Of course, you can serve any variety with nice, crusty bread. The McBath family loves melted chili lime cilantro butter tossed with popcorn. Yum!

You can buy Banner Butter ITP at the Peachtree Road FarmersMarket, as well as The Mercantile, Star Provisions, Market Across the Street and Little Wine Shop at Avondale. What’s next for Banner? They hope to be carried by restaurants and create individual serving sizes for cafes and coffee shops.


{Elizabeth (right) serving samples at The Mercantile in Decatur -- love that place}

I love Banner Butter and I know you will too. Want to try some? The McBaths have graciously offered to host a give-away -- a basket of six butter compounds with pairing and recipe cards valued at $36. 

To enter follow these two simple steps:

1) Like Banner Butter on Facebook.
2) Come back and leave a comment on this post that says "I liked Banner Butter." I know that some readers are still having problems leaving comments. If you leave an anonymous comment, please leave your name. Alternatively, you can leave a comment on my Facebook page. While you're at it, you should probably subscribe to my blog if you haven't already, because that's where the winner will be announced.

See, so easy.

The winner will be chosen by random.org.

The deadline is next Thursday, September 26.

Good luck and bon appetite!

11 comments:

  1. I liked Banner Butter on facebook -- and I really do! I tried it at the DEF event and meant to ask you about it. The garlic, basil & parsley was delish. I would love to try more. The other flavors sound great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried Banner Butter as well! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Banner Butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Banner Butter I tried at your house was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked! Esp the garlic one. And the packaging is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dropped by the Mercantile for some of the garlic basil and parsley Banner Butter for a brunch I hosted this morning- it was SOOOOOO good. Thank you for sharing it with me at your house and for the reminder her- it was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked Banner Butter! Looking fwd to trying more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Banner Butter and I like Banner Butter!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips