urban pL8...

My friend Marni turned me on to urban pL8 on the west side. It opened last summer by chef and owner Betsy Pitts former sous chef at Bacchanalia and Floataway Cafe. Betsy describes her concept as "high quality, affordable food in a casual, cool, friendly atmosphere…an everyday kind of place with exceptional food and service." In other words fresh, sustainable food in an industrial space. Sound familiar to you Atlanta restaurant patrons?

Welcome to urban pL8...



A quick peek inside….


{notice they deliver}

My first visit was on a Sunday for a late lunch. The regular lunch menu is not offered Sundays. Instead they serve a brunch menu with $15 bottomless mimosas from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. The place was packed so expect a wait. Not being a big breakfast fan -- I don't care for eggs -- I ordered the angus beef double cheeseburger, which you can get on it's own, with a regular bun or paleo style with a tomato bun. All are served with a mixed greens salad. It was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. Sorry, no pics.

I was much more impressed when I revisited on a weekday for the main menu at lunch with my dining bestie Elizabeth F. You can order most items paleo style, gluten free or both. We ordered the kale chips with yakatori sauce as an appetizer. Not as crispy as I would have liked.


{kale chips}

 Our entrees were delicious. The portions are generous enough to split or take home for leftovers.


{paleo red curry shrimp}


{grilled chicken harissa tagine (all breast meat just the way I like it) comes with a side of nan}

The restaurant also offers take out paleo meal plans that I'm tempted to try and an extensive catering menu.

Open Wednesday-Friday for lunch 11:00 am - 2:30 pm, Wednesday-Saturday for dinner 5:30 - 9:30 pm, Saturday and Sunday for brunch 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, and a Sunday paleo buffet from 5:30 - 9:00 pm. 

I will definitely go back maybe to try the paleo buffet.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms!

3 comments:

  1. Let's meet for lunch one day soon! I want to try this place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really cool place! Yum! ( I was trying to leave comment on your other posts but could not get it through)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ate there today - had the kale chips and falafel wrap. My colleagues had the nut burger and veggie burger. Then we finished it off with the paleo chocolate cake. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips